Vitamin C (or ascorbic acid) is essential for our body. We cannot produce it but it is involved in many essential organic processes and is vital. Today’s diet cannot provide the necessary dose our body needs and supplementation is thus necessary.
From chemical to synthetic or natural supplements, it’s easy to get lost and confused. Here are the things you should know:
- Natural vitamin C is best as it has a molecular shape that is very compatible with our cell receptors, thus very easy for the body to absorb.
- It is very unstable and oxidizes easily, which makes it less effective
- Reading the label is important: a product only requires 10% of natural extracts to be labeled natural
- Look for the vitamin C content and not the fruit content!
- Your body absorbs natural Vitamin C better and has no exciting effect when taken at night.
The new Activa Starter VitaminC formula is a combination of Vitamin C found in Camu Camu and Acerola. Two fruits known to have the highest concentration of natural Vitamin C. Encapsulated using the microgranule technology, Activa’s new Vitamin C microgranule formula has low oxidation which provides better assimilation and availability to the body – up to 5 times that of powder form capsules.
2 capsules contain 300 mg of natural Vitamin C – representing 374% of the Daily Recommended Allowance.
Some key benefits of Vitamin C:
- Antioxidant to fight free radicals
- Stimulates the immune system and healing wounds
- Works on physical and intellectual fatigue and concentration
- Support collagen production (skin, joints, bones)
Signs of Deficiency :
- Fatigue, difficulty to concentrate
- Brittle hair & nails
- Painful & swollen joins
- Weak capillaries
- Difficulties for wounds to heal
We’ve selected a range of supplements:
All information contained on your-vitality-store.com is intended for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended nor suited to be a replacement or substitute for professional diagnosis, treatment or medical advice relative to a specific medical question or condition. Always seek the advice of your physician or medical professional with respect to your medical condition or questions.
 Standardised high dose versus low dose cranberry Proanthocyanidin extracts for the prevention of recurrent urinary tract infection in healthy women [PACCANN]: a double blind randomised controlled trial protocol | BMC Urology | Full Text