Scientific name: Borago Officinalis L
Origins & Properties
Borage is a beautiful flowering plant that grows in the wild in the Mediterranean. It is cultivated and used widely throughout Europe for its healing properties and for a nice addition to a salad.
Borage is also cultivated in the US, where it is more popular as an herbal supplement rather than a food product.
One of the most important nutrients in Borage is essential fatty acids, something our body needs for good health.
An essential fatty acid deficiency can directly affect mood, internal inflammation and various cellular functions.
- Skin moisturizer: Hydrates and relieves dry and damaged skin
- Reduce arthritis symptoms: Treats joints pain or swelling
- Anti-inflammatory: Helps reduce inflammation and swelling
- Calms body and mind: Aids in restoring natural balance for a calmer body and mind
- Rich in nutrients: Borage is packed with Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Zinc, Vitamin B and CAids in restoring natural balance for a calmer body and mind
To know more about plants, click here.