No products in the cart.
Scientific name: Thea sinensis, Camellia sinensis
Part used: Leaves
Origins & Properties
Tea originated in China, probably near the Yunnan/Vietnam border.
Cultivation of the plant then spread through China and into Taiwan and Japan.
Camellia sinensis is an evergreen shrub, which if left to grow wild, can reach heights of more than thirty feet.
Green tea has been the focus of exciting new studies indicating its effectiveness in raising metabolism for weight loss, preventing & fighting cancer and other disease with its super antioxidant properties.
It has a long list of potential health benefits and is used to regulate blood sugar and blood pressure, boost the immune system, prevent ulcers, control inflammation, viral colds and flu, prevents gum disease, cavities, and bad breath.
- Metabolism: Increases fat burning and boost the metabolic rate
- Anti-oxidant: Excellent source of powerful antioxidants
- Cognitive Function: Improves brain functions
- Anti-flammatory: Rich in polyphenols that have effects like reducing inflammation and helping to fight cancer
- Help prevent Diabetes: Studies show that green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels
To know more about plants, click here.