No products in the cart.
Did you know that 4 to 5 hours of sleep reduces the level of anti-cancer-fighting cells (natural killer cells) by 70% a night? (1)
And that a chronic lack of sleep increases the risk of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease? (2)
To fight those problems and many others, discover our tips to improve the quality of your sleep.
THE BENEFITS OF SLEEP:
- Sleep allows your body to get rest and prepare itself for the next day
- Cells are able to rejuvenate and DNA repairs (2)
- Between 10 pm and 2 am the body detoxifies and heals itself
- Reduces stress and helps with hormonal balance
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves memory and concentration
- Increases energy level
- May help with weight loss (and thus reduce the risk of diabetes and obesity)
- Helps protect your heart
After missing two nights of sleep, a person will start having difficulties thinking and doing things; his or her brain and body will not be able to do their normal tasks nearly as well.
Depending on your age, you need more or fewer hours of sleep. From newborn to 2 months old age, the advised sleep time for a baby is usually between 12 to 18 hours. The more you grow old, the lesser sleep time you need. But it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t care about your sleeping time. An adult (18+) still needs approximately 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep each night.
Find more about ‘How much sleep do we need?” here.
THE REASONS BEHIND SLEEP PROBLEMS:
- Digestive difficulties
- Hormone changes such as menopause, adrenal fatigue, melatonin delayed onset…
- The use of electronic devices (blue light)
- Different medical conditions such as sleep apnea, menopause
- Irregular sleep pattern
- Bedroom arrangement/quality
HOW TO ACHIEVE BETTER SLEEP NATURALLY
Read more on vitality tips for better sleep here.
FOR A BETTER QUALITY OF SLEEP, TRY NATURAL REMEDIES
Some plants have recognized properties to help relax and help sleep induction. Herbal teas such as Verbena, Chamomile, Valerian root and Lavender will help you calm and sleep better.
Diffusing essential oils help clear and refresh a room and relax your body and mind. You can use oils like lavender, lemon balm, Vetiver, Sandalwood, jasmine.
Some natural supplements are designed to help falling asleep and prevent night awakening. Preferably choose one that has extended release so you are covered throughout the night. Try to privilege natural and high quality active ingredients that are biocompatible.
We’ve selected a range of supplements:
- Made of 100% natural active ingredients
- Completely bioavailable and biocompatible
- In “Controlled release” microgranules form to ensure prolonged effectiveness and targeted action in the body
WHO DATA: (1)https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2007/11/29/who_to_list_night_shift_as_probable_carcinogen.html
FUN FACTS ON SLEEP DISORDERS:
FACTS ON LIGHT EXPOSURE:
SLEEP APNEA IN SINGAPORE: (5)https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/a-third-of-sporeans-have-sleep-apnoea-but-most-are-unaware