No products in the cart.
Other names: Matricaria Chamomilla, Chamomile, German Chamomile, Hungarian Chamomile, Wild Chamomile, Blue Chamomile, Scented Mayweed
Origins & Properties
Matricaria chamomilla is native to southern and eastern Europe. Today the plant can be found on all continents.
It has a branched, erect, and smooth stem, which grows to a height of 15–60 cm. The flowers contain a blue essential oil, which gives it the characteristic smell. The long narrow leaves are bipinnate or tripinnate.
Chamomile is known mostly for its use against gastrointestinal problems; additionally, it can be used to treat irritation of the skin. It is a herb that is thought to aid in relaxation and enhance sedation. and is typically used as a ‘bedtime tea’ with effects that are similar to benzodiazepines.
- Sleep and relaxation: Help induce sleep and relax
- Reduce menstrual pain: Helps reduce the severity of menstrual cramps
- Diabetes: Lower blood sugar levels
- Bone health: Helps promote bone density
- Anti-inflammatory: Helps reduce inflammation and fights infection
- Skin: Helps heal wounds and eczema
To know more about plants, click here.