No products in the cart.
Scientific name: Curcuma Longa
Other names: Curcuma, Tumeric
Part used: Root
Origins & Properties
The origin of Curcuma Longa is Southern Asia, most probably from India.
Fruits ripen below ground. The leafy shoots may be three to five meters tall so that the leaves are high in the air.
TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE
Herbalists value Curcuma as an effective anti-inflammatory agent and wound healer.
The herb has been shown to be a vasodilator that opens blood vessels and lowers blood pressure. Since the eyes have a high concentration of capillaries, bilberry may be particularly helpful in improving eyesight.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reduces inflammation and supports joints and muscle
- Antiseptic: Useful in disinfecting cuts and burns
- Digestion: Supports the digestive system
- Skin: Helps in the treatment of psoriasis and other skin conditions
- Weight & detox: Known to help fat metabolism and liver detoxification
To know more about plants, click here.